Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Mom

As I have mention in my previous post, I have been making simple cards for a fundraiser event and I am not even half way done with my cards.  I wanted to make cards that can fit in a flat envelop and is easy to mail. So in order to accomplish this, my cards have to be flat, single layered (if possible), not bulky with embellishments.  And I also have decided to keep my cards in a A2 size (4.25 X 5.5 inch).  The fundraiser event will be by the end of April so I though of making some Mother's Day cards along with other occasion cards. 

These are a few of my Mother's Day cards and I will make a few more in a different color.
The list of supplies I used here can be found at the end of the post.


I die cut the MFT Lily Flower die from Neenah Solar White Card Stock. Then I colored each die cut using Copic Sketch Markers. I was really inspired by Jennifer McGuire's card using the same die and she also made a really nice tutorial on how to color the die cuts and you can watch her video HERE.
For the background, I used the SSS Heart Mosaic Stencil and used Brilliance Moonlight White ink pad and a blending tool on a yellow card stock. I then die cut the word Mom 4 times, from the SSS Craft Die on black card stock.  Then I layered them to have more dimension.  Finally, some clear Wink of Stella for some shimmer.


Here's my second Mother's Day Card. I used the SSS Best Mom Ever Stamp set.


I stamped the flowers using Memento Angel Pink ink pad then I colored the flowers with Copic Sketch Markers. Then I cut each flower and leaf. I cut a piece of SSS Woodgrain card stock, and some dark pink card stock which was slightly bigger.  Before adhering them together, I used a corner chomper at the upper right of each card stock. I did the same thing to my card base.  Before adhering the flowers, I used the SSS Falling Snow Stencil and Worn Lipstick DI ink pads to add the pink dots in the background. The word Mom is made using the same technique as my first card. But because I ran out of dark pink card stock, I just used white card stock and colored the top die cut with a Copic marker. And of course, completed it with some Wink of Stella


Both cards have a same sentiment from the SSS Best Mom Ever Stamp set.
(I totally forgot to take a picture of the inside. Sorry.)

Overall, making CAS cards is really not easy.  I find it more challenging and somehow mind bending because I can't rely on my usual embellishments. And "balancing the card" is tough...well for me....
it is.  I'm just glad there are lots of talented CAS card makers and crafters who really inspire me.

Anywhooo, this is it for me today. I hope you like my cards today. I have a few more to make and I'll share them as I complete each card.

Thank your for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon!



Follow on Bloglovin


Supplies I used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!